So, we’ve been listening to how Facebook is bad for children, here’s a different take on it. We think if used constructively Facebook can be more beneficial than destructive. Here’s why & what your kid can do on Facebook (For children above 13 of course, as FB doesn’t permit access to children below 13)
1. They’ve been hearing about in school, and seeing you using it too, stopping them is pointless. You need to make sure that it’s not a forbidden fruit to them which tempts them from time to time!
2. Forward them links to creative and interesting pages that they could learn from
3. If they are into any form art, such as writing, sketching, music, painting or photography, ask them to share their piece of art on Facebook and see what others have to say.
4.Ask them to participate in online contest, this will give them a huge exposure compared to school competitions as online you have a bigger audience, tougher competition and they know exactly where they stand.
5. If your child is a shy kid then this platform works like a miracle where they get to chat, share opinions, without being very conscious compared to classroom where he the physical presence of 60 or more people make him nervous.
7. Stopping them is like over protecting them which makes it suffocating for them. Let them be themselves and go discover!
8. Some schools are on Facebook and most of them will be active soon. Schools now have active discussions, reminders, interactive programs and groups for their students. In fact it’s a very good way to keep track of the everyday school activities.
9. You wouldn’t like it if your kid is techtarded, so give him the early advantage and for all you know he could be the next Zuckerberg!
10. It makes them happy! Really happy and isn’t that the most important thing?
Do yo agree with us? Let us know what you think!