Everyone who doesn’t live under a rock is pretty much aware of the power held by social media. From mom-and-pop businesses to the big leagues, social media is used by every business to gain traction and get the name out to their target audience.
While using social media can be a great way to connect with your target audience, posting content randomly and sitting back does not do the trick. The aim is not just to deliver content in social media, but also to have content that makes them leave that site and drive them to your website. It doesn’t sound too easy now, does it?
The first thing to do is analyse the platforms available for you. Sometimes, it is the non-mainstream platforms like Reddit, Tumbler, Snapchat, that help you more than the mainstream Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. Once you have a strong grasp of your target audience’s uses, you can focus on sharing your content on those particular platforms.
After your presence has been made in the appropriate platforms, let’s look at how you can use them to increase website traffic:
- Promoting website content: Every time you post a new blog on your website, don’t stop there. Take it to social media, and let your followers know that a new blog is up. Don’t stop there either. After a few days, post quotes from the old blog posts and add the link to them. Use variations of the title to share the blog over and over again without making it look like spam.
- Have more visual content: Social media is all about visuals. Even text-dominated platforms like Twitter could use some visual content for your post to stand out. Sharing photos, infographics, and more makes it more likely for your target audience to share and understand the content.
- Posting time and schedule: When you share content, make sure you do so at the ideal time. For different platforms, the peak time for interaction and engagement differs. Figure this time of the day to share your content. Create a weekly/monthly schedule to have consistency in your posts.
- Have more call-to-action content: One way to get people directed to your website is by making the steps easier for them. Instead of asking them to visit your website, provide links or call-to-action in your posts. Having “Share To Instagram” or “Tweet Now” like options next to quotes or other blog contents makes it easier for people to share interesting snippets, if not the entire blog.
- Engage with your audience: Social media allows you to interact with your target audience in real-time. Use this feature to get them hooked. Always be available to reply to messages, comments, an hour or so after uploading a post. Making the interactions sound personal and not bot-like is a crowd-pleaser.
Driving traffic to your website is no cakewalk. The most absurd fact is that the time taken to increase traffic maybe months, even years, but one wrong post will wreck all that hard work within a fraction of a second. This is why most businesses hire a digital marketing firm.
Digital marketing firms like Odigma have a strong grasp of how social media and its users work. At Odigma, we have tried and tested recipes for increasing website traffic and optimising your content to reach your target audience.